Most air knives are designed to give maximum efficiency for high velocity air drying and blow off applications. It utilizes compressed air for industrial application. Air knife features a continuous, uninterrupted air slot design. These are used in many different industries. It is commonly use in uncovering underground gas and water lines, buried electrical and communication cabling. It can also be used in exposing the root systems of trees for diagnosis, maintenance or relocation.
For soil contraction, soils vary considerably in strength, density, moisture etc. Air knives will work effectively with all soils but the effectiveness may vary significantly particularly with soil moisture. Air knife works when the compressed air enters at the rear ports then air is entrained at the end point by the compressed air stream that leaves the air knife from a small gap. Then follows the entrained air along the front face that directs the airflow in a perfect straight line at 90 degrees to create a uniform sheet of air along the entire length of the air blade of the air knife then it leaves the air knife at the end point.
Features of an Air Knife
Air knife has a multiple air inlet ports on either the back or ends in a compact design with additional mounting holes in the back. It features an instant on and off with no moving parts, no electricity or explosion hazard. Air knife is also made of a coated aluminum body and hard coated cap. Stainless steel model are available for high temperature and corrosive applications.
Application of Air Knife
- Air knives are applicable in food. It removes water from product or packaging. It could open pouches in bagging operations and dry food.
- Air knife can also be applied in chemical products. It helps blow off chemicals or water prior to labeling or packaging as with bottling operations.
- Air knife can be use in metals. It helps coolant and other liquid removal on process lines from aluminum, steel, brass or other materials. It dry metals prior to other operations such as plating or polishing.
- It can be use in textile products. It helps in cleaning and drying of clothes or other materials.
- Air knife can also be applied in printing. It helps in cooling to set some inks , scrap and hold down labels prior to printing.